CNSI at State HIT Summit 2022 in Baltimore
March 19, 2022
Connect and Learn from CNSI Clients and Subject Matter Experts at These Educational Sessions
Modernizing Provider Management: Lessons Learned from the Arizona/Hawaii CMS Certification
Monday, April 18, 1:00 p.m.
CMS Modular Certification demands extensive system documentation production to meet all criteria defined in CMS’s Medicaid Enterprise Certification Toolkit (MECT), which validates that state provider enrollment modules meet applicable statutory and regulatory requirements. Join this workshop to hear from Arizona’s Medicaid program CIO about lessons learned for CMS certification, including generating the institutional will, funding, and knowhow to earn full certification and federal funding.
This workshop will include hands-on activities to address state certification readiness.
- Dan Lippert, Assistant Director and CIO, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
- Eugene Gabriyelov, Technical Director, Division of State Systems, CMCS/CMS
- Nilay Patel, CNSI Senior Vice President of Implementations
- Katie DeLorensi, CNSI Project Manager and CMS Certification Lead
KEYNOTE SESSION: Thriving in a Changing Medicaid Landscape
Tuesday, April 19, 8:45 a.m.
Technology presents endless opportunities to provide solutions that improve health outcomes and lower cost; simultaneously it presents new challenges. How can states ensure they are ready to meet the next evolution of Medicaid management? Join this roundtable discussion for a cross-functional set of strategies to improve your state’s health change readiness.
- Vishal Chaudhry, Chief Data Officer, Washington State Health Care Authority
- Aneesh Chopra, President of CareJourney and first U.S. Chief Technology Officer, on federal healthcare priorities
- Kat Lawrence, Medicaid Leader for AWS State and Local Government and former Program Director for DC Integrated Health and Human Services Digital Transformation, on technology-enabled agility and policy response
- Verlon Johnson, CNSI SVP of Corporate Strategy, MACPAC Commissioner, and former CMS Associate Consortium Administrator for Medicaid and CHIP
Bucking Tradition: Wyoming’s Historic 19-month MMIS Implementation
Tuesday, April 19, 1:30 p.m.
In the 51 years since the first MMIS was deployed, Wyoming has the only MMIS to be successfully implemented within 19 months of project initiation. Wyoming’s commitment to this historic timeline includes CMS certification with the new Outcomes-Based Certification (OBC) processes, further demonstrating a commitment to Wyoming residents’ whole-person health. Join this session to learn how Wyoming and their partners combined people, process, and technology to achieve this milestone, and what it means for the taxpayers, providers, and communities of Wyoming.
- Jesse Springer, Medicaid Technology and Business Operations Unit Manager, Wyoming Department of Health
- Sherry Travis, CNSI Program Director Wyoming Implementation
- Kevin McFarling, CNSI Chief Delivery Officer & EVP
Visit us at Booth 46 or schedule a meeting here!